Sahaja Meditation and our Online Offering
About Sahaja Meditation
The world we live in today is changing rapidly, so rapidly, in fact, that it can be difficult to balance all the facets of our lives. At the very least, we must juggle our personal and professional lives, and our innate needs for fulfillment, self-exploration and self-growth. Of all these facets, the most enigmatic and “unscheduled” — or often, even ignored — is the discovery and understanding of our personal inner self, our true identity.
Who are we, really? Why have we been gifted, for a lifetime, this powerful consciousness within? What should we do with this gift? How do we use it to create purposeful,meaningful lives?
If you are a true spiritual seeker, these questions will present themselves at some point in your life; chances are, since you’re reading this, they already have.
At its core, the journey of spirituality and meditation is the discovery of our inner self and the subtlest aspects of human life. Ultimately, it involves seeking the knowledge of the eternal.
Sahaja meditation is an inner-energy-based technique of meditation designed to offer benefits in multiple dimensions — physical, cognitive, emotional and spiritual.
This inner energy is a powerful spiritual energy present in all human beings that typically lies dormant until awakened. Once it is awakened and rises to connect with the all-pervading spiritual energy of the cosmos, it nourishes the subtle energy system components within us; specifically, our energy channels and energy centers. These centers and channels drive the vital energy needed for our optimum physical, mental and emotional functioning.
With Sahaja meditation, you experience all the typical benefits of meditation such as stress relief and feeling peaceful and balanced, but Sahaja goes far beyond the typical forms of meditation available today.
It provides emotional regulation and enhances long-term personality and character improvement. It can help you discover your Inner Self and the infinite depths of spirituality. And these are in addition to the vast number of mental and physical health and wellness benefits.
About Sahaja Online
Sahaja Online brings the unique practice of Sahaja meditation to you. Practiced globally for over five decades, this energy-based meditation is now available anytime, anywhere, and on any device. Created by experienced Sahaja practitioners, Sahaja Online is always free, including meditation programs, coaching, and guidance. Through teaching others how to meditate and achieve a sense of higher purpose, the instructors and coaches of Sahaja Online get to share their passion of making the world a more peaceful place.
Today, we telecommute to work, we buy whatever we need online, and exchange social messages to people across the world in a matter of seconds. Practically everything we need is only a few clicks away. So, too, should the journey of self-discovery be easily accessible to us, so that it does not become a lost facet of the human existence.
The goal of this website is to deliver the knowledge and experience of meditation and spirituality straight to your home and electronic devices. With minimal effort, you can learn and practice meditation at your own pace whenever you choose.
But Sahaja Online is so much more than that…
Its core missions are to:
1) deliver truths about the highest pursuits in life, knowledge that’s been researched and documented in ancient scriptures for thousands of years, directly to you;
About the creators and meditation instructors
Sahaja Online was created by a team of distinguished professionals from different walks of life, cultures, and ethnicity, but all with one common passion: the practice of meditation and the pursuit of self-discovery. Each is a respected expert in meditation, as well as in their professional lives. And all share an insatiable thirst for helping as many Americans as possible embark upon their own journey of self-discovery in a manner that’s easy to understand and learn. They all share unbounded joy in enabling others to transform their lives through their own individual practice of meditation.
This site has been developed exclusively through personal financial resources of the team involved. We do not accept sponsorship or donations of any kind from any organization, nor are we beholden to any organization. Sahaja Online is the culmination of several years of interviews, thoughtful discussions, instructor experience, and research and development in the arena of meditation and spirituality; specifically, in Sahaja meditation techniques, which were developed by Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, a renowned Indian spiritual leader. Her goal was to simplify the difficult meditation techniques of ancient mystics in order to make meditation easily and quickly accessible to everyone.
Thank you for exploring Sahaja Online.
David is an architect, husband and father of two, and longtime Sahaja meditation practitioner.Dedicated to the practice of Sahaja, David now enjoys sharing the timeless techniques of Sahaja meditation, empowering others to achieve a rich inner life full of balance, strength, and compassion.
With over 22 years of experience in Sahaja practice, Melanie brings a fresh approach to teaching, sharing the techniques that led her to discover the energy within, which is of importance amidst today’s busy lifestyles.
A senior executive in a Fortune 200 company, professional Indian classical vocalist and teacher, and ardent Sahaja practitioner and instructor, Shankar conceptualized and created Sahaja Online. Through Sahaja Online, Shankar strives to pass on the simple and profound experience of Sahaja to others.
Dr. Ashish Pradhan
Expert Sahaja instructor and accomplished physician, Ashish Pradhanlearned Sahaja concepts directly from the founder of Sahaja. Ashish has been keenly involved in Sahaja public programs and medical conferences in India, Europe, Canada, and the United States.
As a Sahaja practitioner for over 10 years, Mar’yana teaches Sahaja meditation in a variety of settings. With an undergraduate degree in philosophy, Mar’yana traveled to Canada to pursue her graduate studies where she is now completing a PhD in philosophy.
Shamik Ghosh found Sahaja as an undergraduate student in India. With persistent practice, Sahaja has become a rejuvenating force in Shamik’s daily life. As a busy technology professional, husband, and father of two, Shamik relies on Sahaja as a bedrock of strength and peace.
The Sahaja Online team is grateful to the following individuals for making Sahaja Online a reality:
Shankar Ramani – Sahaja practitioner, Chief Architect, and creator of Sahaja Online
Debbie Curtis – Concept, writing, scientific research and brand consultation
Frequently Asked Questions
About the practice, benefits and what to expect
About our Online Meditation
What do I need to start practicing Sahaja online?
What steps are required to set up my Sahaja Online account and attend various sessions?
- Once you’re ready to start attending our online meditation sessions, the first step is to registeryour profile with Sahaja Online by providing a few bits of information about yourself.
- Once you’ve registered, you can check our Meditation Calendar page for Introductory programs and Ongoing meditation sessions. You’re welcome to attend multiple Introductory sessions if you feel you need them, although most people don’t need more than one Introductory program.
- If you begin to benefit from our meditation sessions and at some point would like to attend our Intermediate sessions with an Instructor, please visit our Contact page and submit your request to do so. Or drop a note to one of our coaches if you’re already interacting them.You’ll be asked some questions that help our instructors determine if you’re ready, and will be able to benefit from our Intermediate level sessions. You can typically expect a response within 2-3 days.
- Once you’re confirmed for our Intermediate sessions, you’ll receive email notifications along with a link and time to join these sessions. These sessions are not displayed on our Meditation Calendar page and are by email invitation only.
You may continue our Intermediate-level sessions for many months or even years. Upgrading to our Advanced Sessions can be handled in a few different ways…
- We may periodically send you intimation regarding potential In-Person Sahaja Online Contact Sessions in your area, provided there are other meditators within driving distance who are interested.
- If you really want to attend an Advanced Session soon, you can contact your instructor and we’ll try to route you to the closest upcoming session nearby, provided you can arrange your own travel. There are many possibilities for attending these sessions, including large Sahaja events or seminars for advanced practitioners.
How long are your online meditation sessions? What is the typical schedule of sessions?
What preparation or set up is required for attending your sessions?
What are the technical requirements (connectivity, devices etc..) for attending your online meditation session?
Can I share the online session joining information with friends or family so they can join even without registering on Sahaja Online?
Do you keep track of attendees in each session?
I’m facing technical issues. Who can help me?
I’m unable to join a session due to a limit on the number of attendees. What can I do?
Who we are and What we do
What is Sahaja meditation?
What is Sahaja Online?
Why is Sahaja meditation free?
What is the difference between live and D.I.Y. Sahaja meditation?
Can Sahaja conduct a live meditation program at my organization, work location or nearby venue?
How is Sahaja different from other forms of meditation?
About Sahaja meditation
What is Sahaja meditation?
Who’s behind the Sahaja organization?
How does Sahaja meditation differ from other forms of meditation?
What exactly happens during the practice of Sahaja meditation?
How long does it take before I begin to experience the benefits of Sahaja meditation?
Is it safe to practice Sahaja meditation?
Does Sahaja meditation interfere with other types of meditation or yoga practice or meditation?
Can Sahaja meditation help in curing any disorder?
Why is Sahaja offered free? Where’s the catch?
What challenges will I face? How difficult is it?
1. Establishing thoughtless awareness – You’ll find that thoughtless awareness is never consistent. It ranges from a few moments or seconds to a few minutes and is also intermittent and inconsistent. Some ways of tackling this problem are to humble down and surrender yourself to your own inner energy. Cooling your liver down with ice packs can also help stabilize your attention and enhance thoughtless awareness.
2. Establishing your vibratory awareness – Depending on the state of your energy centers, it may take a while for you to begin feeling vibrations. Regular foot soaking and daily meditation, along with clearing techniques explained on this website under the instructional videos can really help in establishing your vibrations sooner.
3. Regularizing your meditation schedule – Many people new to meditation struggle with this. We recommend that you set your alarm clock 15 minutes earlier each day and do your meditation the first thing in the morning. And make a conscious attempt to spend 15 minutes meditating before you go to bed. Once you do this every day for several weeks, you’ll eventually reach a point where not meditating doesn’t seem like the way to live your life, and meditation just becomes an integral part of your lifestyle.
This website features plenty of videos and information that can help you conquer these and other challenges.
What does the daily routine of a typical Sahaja practitioner look like?
About Sahaja Online
What is Sahaja Online?
Who’s behind Sahaja Online?
Can Sahaja conduct a meditation program at my organization, work location or nearby venue?
What information do you collect during the registration process and how do you use this information?
Can I delete my account with Sahaja Online?
Can I have a consultation offline or online with your instructors?
Are your instructors certified?
How can I maximize the benefits of Sahaja Online?
Is there a bait-and-switch strategy behind Sahaja online where you initially offering the benefits of this site for free, only to charge for them in the future? Are there any premium offerings that are only available to paid members?
How can I make donations to Sahaja Online?
Can I learn and practice Sahaja meditation on my own based on the information on your website and by not registering for your online sessions?
Can I teach Sahaja meditation to others?